Senior Android (Kotlin) Engineer
This job offer is expired
WW is looking for candidates to help change people’s lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encompass healthy eating, physical activity and positive mindset. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all. To learn more about WW and jobs with a purpose, visit http://www.ww.com/us/corporate-careers
As a Senior Android Engineer you will be responsible for paving the path forward in our Android projects. Your tasks will include pushing the latest libraries, refactoring our code to MVVM architecture, and administrating best practices. Working with and mentoring junior engineers.
If you have great Android passion and want to see your work appreciated by millions of users, the WW Mobile team is the place for you. We're not your mother's Weight Watchers! We're an agile tech startup within the organization. And we ship every 2 weeks, so there's always something exciting and challenging to work on.
Working for WW means you get to write code that makes a huge impact on people's lives. You can be a force for good.
We love developing the WW Mobile app with Kotlin using our open source architecture, Roxie (https://github.com/ww-tech/roxie), for devices running Android Lollipop (API 21) and newer. We use great libraries like Retrofit, RxJava2, Dagger, Android Architecture Components (specifically LiveData + ViewModel) to help us make our code easy to maintain, modular, and testable. We even have our own custom Gradle plugin to do some tedious work automatically for us, that's what we call productivity! We leverage Fastlane and CircleCI to help us make sure our unit tests are passing and that we are delivering a high quality app every 2 weeks.
- Love learning about the latest tools and technologies
- Write clean, well-architected, self-documenting code with tests
- Want to learn from other engineers and share your knowledge with the team
- Seek out challenges that make you grow — as a person, and as a software engineer
- Participate in WW code reviews, hackathons, and tech summits
- Bring a critical mind to identifying and solving issues and bugs
- Aren't afraid to share your ideas and raise red flags when appropriate
- Want to evangelize the WW Mobile team via open source, tech meetups and conferences
- Don't mind taking occasional trips to visit the San Francisco office!
- 4+ years professional Android engineering experience
- Several published applications in the Play Store
- Familiarity with developing Android apps in Kotlin
- Experience writing Clean Code
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- Experience writing unit and/or UI tests Junit, Mockito, etc.
Please note that all offers of employment are contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.
As a company, our purpose is to inspire healthy habits for real life. And as an employer, we inspire the greatest people to do their best work. We provide benefits for real life to help protect your health, finances and overall well being, including:
- Competitive compensation and profit sharing plan
- A 401K plan to help you plan for your future, plus company match
- Health care coverage starting on your first day
- Tuition reimbursement and online courses to help you reach your career aspirations
- Commuter benefits
- Yearly well-being allowance for your physical, financial, social and emotional well-being
- Free WW membership for you plus 3 free WW memberships for your friends and 3 for your family
- Free fruit, snacks and coffee to get you through your day
- Summer Fridays, happy hours, and company outings
- Robust employee referral bonuses
- Developmental opportunities and assignments to grow your career
Weight Watchers is an equal opportunity employer. Weight Watchers does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.