Web Developer/ Team Lead
This job offer is expired
Are you looking for the right opportunity to take your career to next level? Management considers our technological capabilities a key competitive advantage and is looking to expand that advantage. We are seeking highly skilled software developers to join our amazing team. You will be assigned tasks, both small and large, and a general time frame, but given the autonomy and freedom to schedule your own daily tasks as long as you complete what needs to get done. We are a fun, friendly, and closely-knit team. We have a strong work ethos and communicate regularly allowing for a pleasant and efficient work environment.
We are full-stack LAMP developers. Our web-based systems are built on top of the PHP, MySQL, and CakePHP. We are transitioning from CakePHP framework to Laravel.
The new position will allow us to accelerate the implementation of new lines of business as well as continue to improve our existing system. While used for customer data entry and order processing, our web site is also used for detailed consumer analysis, statistical analysis, and process flow monitoring. This position will work closely with the team to integrate new ideas and projects into our existing structure while making sure the software will continue to serve us well in the future.
This role will be directly responsible for specifying, writing, and testing code. We are growing! We need someone with experience working with larger systems that enjoys writing code and working with seasoned yet more junior developers to help the team move forward.
The person in this role must be system oriented with a strong ability to estimate and execute software tasks from inception to deployment. They must also be a strong programmer with more than 6 years of experience in writing code.
This role will report to the Software Development Manager.
Scope of Services:
- Translate business requirements into code and documentation while managing the life-cycle and communication for assigned projects
- Write new code for projects supporting our business processes and workflows
- Fix bugs and ensure system stability
- Pull data from outside systems and combining it with our own internal use
- Participate in code reviews
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Significant experience working with PHP and MySQL
- Knowledge of Model-View-Controller software pattern and RESTful Service Oriented Architecture
- Direct experience with Laravel is a plus.
- DevOps experience in the AWS cloud environment is a plus.
What will set you apart:
- You “think like a user” to see the big picture and implement the product vision
- You are persistent, creative, and resourceful
- You are able to explain your design and implementation choices
- Someone who cares more about getting the product right than being right
- Be confident in a decision-making role, but humble to seek advice beforehand
- You are able to mentor other developers creating a more productive team
- Finally, we need you to have a respect for deadlines, we understand that you will be creating awesome applications, but deadlines and communication are of the utmost importance
RTO National is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including color and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow