Web Developer/Software Engineer
This job offer is expired
Web Developer/Software EngineerMassachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
MIT-Solve is an initiative committed to open technological innovation and actionable thought leadership in the public sphere. Its mission is to identify the best solutions to specific, actionable challenges and build and convene a community of leaders and change makers committed to partnering together to pilot and implement these solutions.
Solve seeks a software engineer to join its communications team and run its website and Challenge platform. This person will manage day-to-day maintenance and updates on the site, lead an agile development process for iterating on the Solve website and platform, and support Solve staff and platform users.
- Maintain and update the Solve website and Challenge platform
- Lead an agile development process for iterating on the Solve website and Challenge platform
- Build the Solve Challenge platform into a SaaS platform available to partners
- Help provide user support for the Solve website and platform
- Ensure that the Solve website and Challenge platform are accessible for all users
- Provide support to Solve staff as it relates to third-party sites and integrations like MailChimp and Salesforce
- Collaborate with communications staff to translate best-in-class messaging, visuals, and video on to the Solve website
- Perform other duties in site engineering and technology as needed
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science or engineering
- At least three years’ experience in web development
- Portfolio of web development and software engineering work
- Highly developed organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and plan work to meet deadlines
- Flexibility, initiative, and ability to anticipate needs
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Experience with Laravel or another PHP framework like Symfony or Zend
- Experience with Sass, Less, or similar preprocessor
- Experience with Amazon S3, Amazon CloudFront, and Heroku
- Experience working through UX and translating visual designs onto a website
To Apply:Interested candidates may apply online at https://careers.mit.edu. Please reference job number 15801 and indicate where you saw this posting.
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.