Frontend API Engineer - Crypto/Trading
This job offer is expired
By joining Kraken, you’ll work on the bleeding edge of bitcoin and other digital currencies, and play an important role in helping shape the future of how the world sees and uses money. At Kraken, we constantly push ourselves to think differently and forge new paths in a rapidly growing industry fraught with unexplored territory, which is why Kraken has grown to be among the largest and most successful bitcoin exchanges in the world. If you’re truly interested in pushing the envelope by disrupting an industry that some say cannot be disrupted, then we have the job for you.
Kraken is a place for dreamers and doers - to succeed here, we firmly believe you must possess each in spades. Check out all of our job postings here https://jobs.lever.co/kraken.
As a Frontend API Engineer you will be constantly improving internal and public APIs, services, tests, and modules. You will be building RESTful API endpoints to improve the experience for our bot traders and support the development of new UI improving the experience for clients. You will be pushing the envelope, introducing new patterns to help us modernize our code base, while maintaining existing endpoints to improve usability. We value security and need someone who is thoughtful with experience probing and reverse engineering APIs so we can work to prevent the same. You will be working closely with the frontend web team to build the best exchange in the world!
- Constantly improving our frontend API systems to enable rapid development
- Refactor legacy code to introduce new patterns and improve the overall quality
- Developing and maintaining tooling
- Optimizing restful services and security to improve client experience
- Interest in security and a thoughtful and thorough consideration of the security implications of development decisions.
- A thorough understanding of bash and unix systems.
- A deep understanding of PHP MVC frameworks (Symphony, Slim, Laravel) PHP 5 & 7 and with the ability to talk about the runtime.
- A deep understanding of RESTful and API design
- Experience building restful JSON web servicesExperience with security best practices (CSP, XSS, CSRF)
- Familiar with limitations of PHP and workarounds
- Experience working with HTTP & RPC APIs
- Experience integrating multiple data sources
- Experience writing concise, readable, testable and reusable code
Nice to haves
- Experience using React to develop UI/UX experiences
- Experience writing RESTful services in NodeJS or Golang
- Understanding of React