Lead Software Engineer
This job offer is expired
Formstack, the most flexible and powerful form building application, now has many products! We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer to add to the document creation team!
Formstack is a 12-year-old company with its roots in Indianapolis. Our customers span 110 different countries, and our employees live and work across the U.S. and the globe. We provide a work environment that is flexible and provides great freedom for those who can perform. We are seeking people who demonstrate an ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Who You Are:
We're looking for someone to take ownership of the technical side of things in a small development team, making architectural decisions and implementing code following industry best practices. Some experience with web application provisioning will be a plus, although it's not required.
What You Will Do:
- Maintain and evolve the application that gathers and processes user data, producing documents in various formats and delivering them to 3rd party systems.
- You'll spend your day designing and implementing new features working closely with a product manager and designers team.
- Create scalable code that's easy to understand, test it and release it into production.
- Work in a Scrum environment, delivering increments of functionality and constantly iterating over them.
What We Are Looking For:
- Proven experience working on web applications with PHP and at least one modern PHP Framework (Laravel, Symfony, Zend, CakePHP, YII)
- Knowledge of MySQL, including query analysis and optimisation
- Git Version Control
- Unit and integration testing experience
- Ability to design and implement scalable web application
- Ability to work remote and with remote team members
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- The ability to work independently but also work well within a team environment
- The Ability to travel (<10%) for team meetups, conferences, etc
- Experience integrating with 3rd party web applications (through REST or other well-recognized standards)
- Experience using queueing systems for processing background jobs on a scale
- Experience with PHP codebase responsible for generating various document formats (PDF, Word, CSV)
- Experience in managing PHP web application provisioning in production workloads
What Formstack Offers:
- 100% covered Medical Insurance, as well as company-paid Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance Benefits for full-time employees.
- Unlimited PTO for all employees
- 401k with matching company contribution for full-time employees
- The most up-to-date technology, including company-issued Macs, the latest software and other tools needed to excel at your job
- Company-paid conferences and extended learning
- Yearly company gatherings
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Check out this video and apply if you want to jump into the next great chapter of your life.
Formstack is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
All data collected in our application process from resume collection to application questions is used for recruitment purposes only. We will store it in our applicant tracking system, JazzHR, and will not share this data with anyone else. We will keep your data until the role is filled and only continue to store it if we feel you may fit future roles.
Thank you for your interest in Formstack!