Full Stack Software Engineer
This is a rare opportunity to be part of the ongoing development of a platform for a large and thriving community of socially-and-environmentally-minded folks.
Your work will help hundreds of thousands of people to find “work for a better world”, and thousands of organisations to find the extraordinary people they need to change the world.
We’re building a brand new, responsive EthicalJobs.com.au site (stack and workflow elements outlined below) and we have an exciting plan for ongoing development for the next few years.
In this role you’ll be an integral part of a growing engineering team (currently two engineers and growing to five over the next 12 months), building our responsive site and new products into the future.
Working in a growing company, you’ll have the opportunity to shape the directions we take and you’ll be continuously learning and growing.
As a mid-level full stack engineer, you’ll be comfortable moving throughout the stack, from our PHP-based APIs through to the React apps consuming these APIs.
You’ll have experience with:
- Yarn / NPM
You’ll be a proponent of best practices and software design patterns, as well as building and maintaining a reliable platform using an excellent test suite.
Our engineering team runs as an autonomous agile team, and as a team member you’ll enjoy contributing to solving problems, continuous improvement of processes and having a say in the stack we work on.
You’re also someone with an interest in environmental or social-justice issues, and in “working for a better world”.
We work with:
- Webpack / Rollup
- Node.js / Express
- Elasticsearch / MySQL / Redis
- RESTful APIs
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Microservice architecture
- CI/CD pipelines
Hours: Full Time
Salary: A competitive salary will be negotiated with the successful candidate, based on your experience.
What do you get beyond a great remuneration package?
- A beautiful office with lots of natural light and close to public transport
- A beautiful outdoor deck to eat lunch on
- Birthday and work anniversary lunches – our whole team will take you out for lunch to celebrate your birthday and your work anniversaries
- In-house massage-therapist – visits every 2 weeks to give everyone a 15 minute massage
- Standing desks
- Unlimited fruit, nuts and chocolate
- Pet-friendly workplace – a number of staff regularly bring their dogs in to make the office more fun
- Paid professional development days
- The opportunity to have a real impact on the work of over 4,000 charities and social enterprises across Australia!