Shift your career to a new gear - Backend Developer wanted
Play Sports Group (PSG) are looking for a Backend Developer to join our growing team based in Bath.
We’re looking for a talented backend developer to join our digital team. You will have had experience working with CMS systems such as WordPress and knowledge of eCommerce platforms like WooCommerce and Magento.
You will have had experience in consuming and handling data from APIs and working with integrations with third party software. Experience of payment gateways will be of great benefit.
You will be up for a challenge and willing to learn; if you need to head out to a conference to keep you up to date and your skills sharp then we’ll make sure you can do just that. You will also have access to online training courses in a wide variety of topics to help you keep developing professionally.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience writing scalable backend PHP applications using modern web frameworks like Laravel, Symfony and CakePHP.
- Experience working with CMS packages such as WordPress, WooCommerce or Magento
- Willing to champion best practices in engineering, security, design and testing.
- Experience designing, building and consuming RESTful APIs.
- The confidence and knowledge to use the best tools and languages for the job and present new solutions to problems where you see a benefit.
- Experience designing and implementing SQL database schemas with an emphasis on speed and scalability.
- Confidence in owning decisions throughout the project pipeline, from initial phases through to production.
- Proficient knowledge of source control (git).
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to discuss ideas with colleagues.
NICE TO HAVE
- Knowledge of OAuth protocols for authentication.
- Knowledge of build automation tools and continuous integration processes (CircleCI, Bitbucket Pipelines)
- Knowledge of a PaaS (Amazon/GCP/Azure would be a plus)
- Experience with docker/containerisation
- Working knowledge of JIRA.
- Some knowledge of data analysis, statistical modelling or machine learning.
- Happy working on a Mac.
- An interest in cycling and the bike industry.
The Play Sports Group is home to Play Sports Network and Shift Active Media.
Play Sports Network is the world’s leading creator of cycling digital video distributed on YouTube and Facebook. We are a digital sports media company focused on the world of cycling. Combining our deep love of the sport with world leading expertise in video and digital distribution, we have built a leadership position in the market.
We operate a number of market-leading YouTube channels, Global Cycling Network, Global Mountain Bike Network, Global Triathlon Network, EMBN, GCN Tech and GMBN Tech with over 2.1 million subscribers and millions of fans across associated social media platforms. Our presenters are ex-pros from the very highest levels who connect with the fans, and with world class athletes.
SHIFT Active Media is the award-winning cycling media agency and works alongside some of the biggest, most high profile brands in the cycling world. SHIFT is a full-service creative and communications agency providing a wide a variety of project to help clients achieve their strategic objectives: from website design and build, apps, print and digital advertising creative, media planning and buying, through social media strategy and delivery, commercial video creation, PR, and beyond.
- Recently refurbished city centre office
- MacBook Pro and dual monitors
- Generous holidays
- Company pension scheme
- A good coffee machine
- Bike parking
- Really good showers
- Free fruit and jelly sweets
- Relaxed office environment