Sr PHP Developer/PHP architect
At Clay we’re building the future of access control. Are you looking for an opportunity to contribute to a large scale, complex product and see real-time impact of your work on hundreds of thousands of users worldwide?
Do you want to join a fast-growing company serving globally? Are you looking to advance in your career and make an impact from day one? Then look no further, because we are looking for you! Join us and let’s win the battle against mechanical keys!
What you'll do
At Clay, we not only build and maintain our own branded access control solution Salto Keys as Service, but we also offer our core technology platform to industry leaders, who implement Clay Locking Platform into their own infrastructure.
In close collaboration with one of our largest customers IWG, world’s largest provider of flexible workspace solutions, and an external development team we have built a tightly integrated solution. To lead the expanding architecture, to extend it with awesome new features and to solidify the system we are looking for a lead PHP developer to join our team at Clay.
You will work in close collaboration with the Clay’s back-end developers, as well as back-end teams of IWG. You will work on solving complex technical problems and creating scalable solutions. You will be the pivot between the product owner, the external developers and Clay’s support team for IWG. You will work at the core of the product, a product that is the largest single cloud access control system in the world.
Technical skills and expertise:
- At least 5 years of professional experience with PHP backend development (complex applications and API’s).
- Experience working with the Laravel framework and preferably with Lumen.
- Enjoy and have experience building APIs (preferably have built APIs from scratch)
- Experience in Scrum concepts and/or CI/CD tools to get your projects to production
- Experience with applying SOLID principles and Unit testing
- Experience in MySQL (MariaDB)
- Ability to travel both in The Netherlands and occasionally abroad
- Intrinsically driven to build very efficient and clean connected architectures
Working at Clay means becoming a ‘Brick’, and that means joining an international team of passionate professionals (we’re proud to say we have 10 nationalities in our small team of 23) who take initiative, own responsibility and share expertise.
We expect everyone in our team to bring
- Team spirit; enjoying working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
- A keen eye for detail; working at a fast-pace environment, managing and prioritizing goals
- A high bar for excellence and pride in work
- Eagerness to learn and investigate possibilities and applying insights from past experience
- Self-discipline, professional attitude and collaborative spirit
- Individuality and willingness to share ideas and new perspectives
Wondering what it’s like to work at Clay?
Clay is a tight-knit team of technology lovers and innovative thinkers. Our team consists of 10 nationalities (and growing), from a wide variety of backgrounds, working on some of the most challenging problems in the access control industry.
To read some of the benefits Clay offers us check out our Careers page. But to give you some more insight into life at Clay here it goes; it’s great to have the ability to make an impact from day one, share ideas and shape the road map together. We work from our awesome office in the heart of Amsterdam, collaborate closely with Salto Systems in Spain, and serve our customers globally.
At Clay we are encouraged to build ourselves along with our fast-growing company. This can be in the form of trainings, coaching, conferences and more. We grow together! We know best is yet to come. We support each other’s curiosity; we have tech talks, hackathons and open-invite dinners to talk about our company’s road map. Everyone on this team has a voice and we’re encouraged to not only participate and speak up, but also to lead and drive.
Beware; we work hard, play hard. Don’t underestimate either of those! We are honest, love a good joke, and don’t take things personally. And as a tight-knit team, together we form the solid house that is Clay.Apply now