Intermediate Full Stack Developer (PHP | CakePHP | Laravel | JS | HTML5 | SASS)
Must live in the U.S. and be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
We are growing! Join our Technology team and specifically support our lead developer for Simucase (sister company to continued.com, and a division of Allied Health Media). Simucase is an innovative technology platform allowing users to assess, diagnose and make recommendations for a library of virtual patients. It encourages critical thinking and facilitates interprofessional education in a no-risk learning environment. Our company is fast-paced, nimble, and we laugh a lot. We all work from home offices in various locations across the country. We are dynamic, engaged, highly motivated and highly skilled. We are passionate about our work and our professions. Learn more at [http://www.simucase.com].
ABOUT THE TECHNOLOGY TEAM
Our meetings are filled with sarcasm, laughter, and movie quotes. We share code on github whenever able and we try to contribute back to the open source community, on whose shoulders we stand. Though we are virtual, we communicate a lot and have a tight-knit group. We don’t pair most of the time, but we collaborate a fair amount. We have worked with the CakeDC core group and keep up-to-date via continuing education, conferences, etc.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are seeking an innovative and engaged Intermediate Full Stack Developer who is motivated, creative, and fun to assist in developing our custom CakePHP and Laravel web applications.
- Full time, 8a-5p Mon-Fri in your time zone
- Work from your home office
- Company-provided MacBook Pro, Internet stipend, etc
- Travel is required once or twice per year for company and team/project meetings
- Must live in the U.S. and be legally eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Minor and major application feature development for Simucase platform
- Assist stakeholders in developing Simucase feature specifications
- Plan, code, and deploy new features/applications/projects/modules/plugins
- Troubleshoot application bugs and determine resolutions
- Optimize and refactor existing code to improve performance and reliability [http://goo.gl/Kp3W3]
- Suggest improvements, security needs, best practices, etc. (your voice will be heard)
Self-management and time management are critical in this role. Without it, you will not be successful. Other requirements include:
- 4+ years experience with PHP, modern back end frameworks (CakePHP, Laravel, Symfony, etc.), modern front end frameworks (Vue, React, Angular, etc.), HTML5, SASS & CSS, JS
- Comfortable with writing, editing, and maintaining Unit/Feature tests
- Comfortable refactoring/understanding legacy code
- Ability to work on both front end and back end technologies
- A communication pro – must be able to explain technical issues to a non-technical person, pleasantly (we are always on Skype with stakeholders)
- Highly attentive to details, able to cross all the t's and dot all the i's
- There is direct project oversight, but you are expected to take ownership of your work and your projects, establish deadlines, and communicate progress proactively
- Eager to research and learn in a self-directed way (always improving)
- Easygoing, fun, and a team player – must be able to comprehend highly-advanced forms of sarcasm
- Working knowledge of xkcd comic strip or similar, is useful -- but not required
We prefer a great/interested/excited programmer with less experience to an unmotivated or unengaged programmer with tons of experience.
Submit a cover letter with your resume that includes 1) why you would make a great addition to our team; 2) a link to a favorite clip on YouTube; 3) your favorite feature of PHP & JS and what is one thing you wish you could change; and 4) your salary requirements. Submissions without this information will not be considered.Apply now