Engineer - Full Stack
Bagboard is looking to change how advertising works, from the ground up. We empower consumers to be an active part of advertising and be rewarded for their engagement. At the same time, were giving brands a platform to engage in meaningful interactions with their audiences. We want to turn advertising into a two-way conversation and not a one-way broadcast.
At the heart of our platform is a consumer driven digital experience that actively encourages and rewards consumers to engage with our platform. The strength of our business model is that it incentivises consumers, advertisers and our retailer distribution network to not just personally gain, but also collaborate on utilising the value of our platform to solve wider social, environmental and economic problems facing us all. Advertising in the hands of the consumer.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Bagboard is scaling rapidly, aiming for a full public launch of our advertising platform in early 2019. Were building multiple solutions, including, but not limited to:
- RFID based data capture units
- Machine learning supply chain optimisation solutions
- Fully dynamic, auction-based advertising platforms
- B2C advertising engagement apps
- B2B business partner management apps
- Data science management platforms
To help oversee these efforts, Bagboard is looking for an exceptional full stack engineer to join the team. Bagboards technical business is broken into three teams:
- Data Science: the machine learning and algorithmic based development that underpins our logistics and media buying solutions.
- Feature Development: Building user facing solutions for our internal and external user bases.
- Infrastructure: The underlying architecture and solution space that underpins the rest of the business.
This role will be within the Infrastructure team, working directly with our principal engineer. Youll be expected to shape the overall technical landscape that the rest of our current and future engineering solutions sit upon. More importantly, your role will be to design and oversee the building of all major solutions, ensuring that they meet the commercial needs of the business within acceptable time and resource constraints. Youll also form the centre of our nascent Dev Ops function, mostly to ensure that Bagboard is utilising methodologies that allow us to operate with a Continuous Development methodology without accruing too much technical debt. This is a senior role, and as such youll be expected to take a strong hand in the composition and evolution of the engineering department as Bagboard evolves.
Bagboard operates on an Agile methodology (mostly SCRUM based), and our broadly consists of Python, PHP (Laravel), SQL and a combination of front end languages over web and app environments. Wed expect you to be proficient within this space, but fully prepared to develop and evolve according to future needs.
- WeWork based location - Free coffee, beer, yoga classes and much more!
- Ability to work from home
- Comprehensive Stock option plans
- Pension plans
- Training & development, as well as opportunity to grow within the company