Mid-Senior Software Developers required (PHP)- Travel Tech, Iasi, Romania
*These roles are based on site with our TravelTech offices in Iasi, Romania http://traveltech.dotw.com/
Since the establishment of Destinations of the World in 1993, the company has consistently practiced trade neutrality and continues successfully to this day as a dedicated B2B travel industry wholesaler. Our core practices are focused on successfully connecting travel professionals around the globe, loyalty to our business customers, fair trading and being easy to do business with. These core practices are fully supported and disciplined by our pioneering technology and our dedicated team of professionals.
Twenty two years after we started in one country with a team of five, we now have offices in strategic locations around the world with over 300 multilingual professional staff. We have achieved this by continuous investment in people and technology. We have over 130,000 hotels in more than 10,000 destinations worldwide, which are accessed by travel agents, tour operators, OTA's, airlines, wholesalers, customers of Travel Technology companies and GDS's.
Launched in February 2008 our proprietary system "DOTWconnect" was specifically designed for the travel trade, with a focus on seamless communication and direct connectivity to customer and supplier systems. DOTWconnect is completely developed, enhanced and managed in house with the support of a dedicated team of IT professionals. DOTWconnect V3.0 was launched in January 2015 and continues with real-time enhancements based on further continuous feedback from our trade customers, which is easily managed as DOTWconnect is a flexible technology platform and allows the rapid development of both front and back end features.
Key features include Direct Connect, XML interface, White Label, Extranet, Channel Manager connectivities, E-commerce, Dynamic Pricing and Dynamic Exchange Rates. Current enhancements include a complete redesign of the customer interface which will be in 15 languages. New modules being developed include Car Rental, Dynamic Packaging (Hotel + Car), Global Transfers, Tours & Attractions and Villa rentals.
Main function of the role:
This pivotal role reports directly to Travel Tech’s Delivery Director and requires a focused individual with exacting standards and who is passionate about creating reusable, scalable and maintainable software architecture on PHP and related frameworks. Personal attributes required include: a passion about technology, talent, mental agility, high standards and meticulous attention to detail.
- Defining the overall technical architecture for the proposed client solution
- Defining the technical requirements for the implementation of the proposed client solution
- Assessing client solution requirements and assisting in creating production estimates
- Delivering platform and architecture recommendations based on project requirements and industry best practices
- Using object oriented analysis and design to turn pre-agreed development tasks and requirements into scalable architecture.
- Use-case/story writing for functional requirements
- Documentation of certain key areas of the system
- Running regular code reviews with junior developers
- Tracking & updating user story status during iterations
- Report on progress in weekly tech-team meeting.
- Write “clean”, well designed code
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
- Follow industry best practices
- Participating in a team-oriented environment to develop complex web services based applications
Functional / Technical Skills
The key competencies for this position are:
- Good command of the English language both written and spoken.
- Proven software development experience in PHP (5+ years of working experience).
- Strong OO Analysis & Design
- Understanding of common design patterns
- Technical writing skills producing clear and unambiguous technical documentation and user stories
- Good knowledge of relational databases (MySQL): writing complex queries, optimizing query execution, schema definition.
- Team player.
- At least 5+ years of hands-on development experience on object oriented PHP and Internet technologies with a track record of solid technical accomplishments.
- Experience in designing, developing, and integrating RESTful web services and APIs
- Strong OO Analysis & Design
- Experience with Laravel PHP Framework is a plus.