Backend Web Developer (Laravel)
This job offer is expired
Who are we looking for
Are you a type of person who loves to dive into a new technology stack? Are you self-motivated to explore and embrace new trends, routines, and technology? Do you love to work in a small and productive team?
We are looking for an experienced, LA-based Backend Engineer who will play a key role in ScaleLab’s vision for an integrated experience for brands and influencers. You will be a part of a small engineering team improving on our current suite of products, as well as building a brand new product that’s meant to revolutionize the influencer marketing industry.
- 3+ years of back end development (PHP)
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, motivation, and passion
- Expert level PHP with Laravel 5 framework
- Practical experience building and consuming RESTful APIs
- Strong knowledge of PHP 7, SOLID (object-oriented design), Object-relational mapping and LEMP stacks
- Experience in OOP (object oriented programming) & SOA (Service-oriented architecture)
- Strong MySQL knowledge (table design, complex query creation, best practices)
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, asset loading, caching, REST)
- Experience writing unit and integration tests
- Experience using CI/CD tools and systems such as Jenkins, Hudson, GitLab, GitHub, etc.
- Experience with Symfony is a plus
- Experience with Docker is a plus
- Experience with Websockets is a plus
- Design, develop, and maintain various backend APIs using Laravel and PHP7
- Write and maintain clean, well-written, test-driven PHP code and documentation conforming to standards
- Troubleshoot, identify and resolve API performance problems
- Optimize database schema, queries, and caching
- Collaborate with peers on best practices and promote knowledge sharing
- Release early, release often