This job offer is expired
An excellent opportunity has opened within the Booking Team, as the key Frontend software engineer within this team, you will have a passion for software-craftsmanship. The ideal candidate should enjoy building scalable solutions within a strong, cross-functional, agile development team.
Driven by our team of over 300 people from more than 45 different countries, Omio is a travel platform that allows customers to find and book trains, buses and flights anywhere in Europe. By partnering with over 800 European transport operators, Omio is revolutionising the travel experience by providing customers with more choice, transparent pricing and easy booking on mobile, app and desktop.
At our headquarters in the heart of Berlin, we take advantage of our diversity to find new and innovative ways to help our customers, as we build a revolutionary product and, of course, have fun.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer in the Booking Team at Omio you will have an opportunity to:
- Build core booking functionality by developing new features and extracting existing features from other services.
- Ship cross-platform booking features by unifying technical strategy across applications and web frontend.
- Play a key role in developing a frontend platform where other teams could implement new features that integrates nicely and concisely with the booking and post bookings flow.
Can you develop production level code in your sleep? Do you care about solid engineering practices and like to share your knowledge with other team members?
What you will do:
- Create robust frontend solutions using state-of-the-art technologies. You will build components that are used throughout all of Omio’s frontends (mobile, desktop, apps)
- Work with your team to rapidly test ideas on users, use results for iterations and improve our product
- Test new languages, libraries and frameworks and evaluate their potential
- Build highly reusable frontend components that can be dynamically mounted in any react frontend
- Apply your engineering experience to automate processes and maintenance
Our technology stack is diverse and ever-changing. Examples of the technologies we currently use and you’ll be working with include (but are by no means limited to):
Tooling (package managers, semantic versioning, Nexus releases, Webpack, Babel)
- Customer focused: You have a passion for building front-ends that users genuinely enjoy and helps them getting the most out of our product
- Experienced and educated: You have a degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience and worked multiple years (+5 yrs) in the frontend universe.
- Up to code: You have excellent experience in software development, you write clean, lean, effective code, all version controlled. You pick the right tool for the job and are not limited to a single paradigm or language
- Pragmatic: You and your team take on complex multi-domain problems, analyse, design, build modular solutions, and deliver end-to-end in an MVP, value-first and iterative approach
- An automator: You remove repetition and snowflakes through scripting and automation tools. Whatever can be automated will be automated. You have deployed, monitored, and supported applications across stacks and technologies
- A tuning expert: You have improved performance and analysed bottlenecks in production systems through benchmarks and stress tests. You are no stranger to profiling a front-end.
- A team player: You guide and help your teammates with planning and delivering high-quality software and also take on communication across teams
What can you expect from joining Omio?
- An office in the centre of Berlin’s thriving startup scene.
- Everyday opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
- A diverse team of over 40 nationalities.
- Free Friday lunches, yoga, German lessons and more.
- Competitive compensation and relocation support.